Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gettin' My Craft On

I've had my sewing machine and ironing board out for 2 days now. I cut the black pieces for the banner out of a sheet from target, cut out the grey and yellow and sewed them on. I drew some letters, cut them out of fabric and hot glued them on. For the bats I used freezer paper stencil technique and painted them on. 
 I also made Logan his "4" shirt for his birthday, and a jet shirt and a "6" shirt for a friend. I'll have to add those another time.
I wrapped my painting above the fireplace with a cheap sheet from target. I ripped it into strips and then stapled on the back of the painting. I cut the bats out of construction paper and taped them up. I think Halloween decor is done, now I can enjoy it...after I finish cleaning up my mess.

6 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Very cute. I have been wanting to make a halloween banner and have yet to do it. I hope you don't mind I pinned your picture on pinterest...

Carol said...

As always....love, LoVe, LOVE!

Lynette said...

I love it when you get your CRAFT ON!!!!!

Mauri said...

You are awesome. I just sit here and pin ideas all day instead of doing anything. You've inspired me!!

Kris Tina said...

Nice nice nice work. Feel free to send some of it my way.

Unknown said...

Super cute banner!
Share the freezer paper stencil technique, you speak as if I should know that!!!