Monday, October 31, 2011

So Long, Old Friend

 I had to document this momentous occasion.  I remember picking out this green/tan striped couch when I was a teenager with my parents.  I thought it was so great, so hip and cool.  Well, we were the lucky ones to inherit these beauties.  They've been good to us, real good. When we moved to Michigan and I was pregnant with my first baby we didn't have a rocking chair.  I ordered a rocker/swivel attachment that goes on the bottom of chairs, cut off the legs of the chair and added the swivel to it. I rocked all my babies in this comfortable chair. It was the best chair for the kids to ride around and make them dizzy too.  I was actually a bit sad to see it go, more than I thought I'd be, but I am happy to have the new. Now I just need an awesome side table that I can paint a bright color...anyone, anyone?

3 comments:

Kris Tina said...

I also remember that couch. Fondly. So long, old friend. May you be enjoyed by someone else.

Mauri said...

We enjoyed the couch too for a while until moving on to bigger and better things. :) Love your new dining table. You are so awesome! And Happy Birthday Logan! The last of the four to turn 4!

jenny p. said...

Goodness! I remember that couch from the good 'ol days of Carriage Cove. Movin' on up!